Today’s Headlines for Monday, November 11
- Tribune editorial: Carla Aiello’s death is a remember that drivers need to start seeing bike riders
- Aiello is remembered by former coworkers: “You couldn’t find a nicer human being” (Cape Cod Times)
- Pickup truck driver, 16, injured male cyclist, 41, in Lakeview Saturday, left the scene (CBS)
- Police release photo of vehicle from hit-and-run crash that killed Vincent Tran, 26, last month (ABC)
- After driver critically injures boy, 5, near Avondale school, residents demand a stop sign (Block Club)
- Chicago traffic fatalities are down so far this year with 77 so far compared to 108 in 2017 (Tribune)
- Op-ed from Uber allies makes bogus claim that new fee structure will raise tax 300% on all rides (Crain’s)
- Lack of car parking blamed for failure of Fulton Market food hall a short walk from the ‘L’ (Block Club)
- Red Line trains bypassed Grand subway after someone set off fire extinguisher (CBS)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago