Today’s Headlines for Friday September 20
- Hit-and-run van driver killed Lucinda Rondon-Stanley, 53, in Deerfield Friday, lawsuit filed (CBS)
- After Beverly Zanko’s death in Oswego last fall, residents want a more walkable downtown (Tribune)
- Semi driver crashes into Dan Ryan median wall near Bridgeport, damaging overpass (Sun-Times)
- Reilly introduces ordinance requiring multiunit buildings to accommodate electric car charging (Sun-Times)
- New Evanston bike report explores connections with neighboring communities (Evanston Roundtable)
- Students in Hobart, NW Indiana, will help design, construct and market a BMX bike park (Tribune)
- Valparaiso University’s kinesiology club adopts a local bike trail (Tribune)
- Students from Wheaton College sue for their right to proselytize in the Bean’s plaza (Tribune)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago