Today’s Headlines for Monday, July 23
- Joravsky: We Need a Citywide Hearing on the Lincoln Yards Development (Reader)
- Repairs Are Planned for Some Older CTA Stations, Money Still Lacking for Others (Tribune)
- LimeBike Is Demoing Dockless Scooters at Fests, Hopes to Get City Approval (Sun-Times)
- Cahill: “Sharing Economy” Needs More Regulation; Lobbyist: No It Doesn’t (Crain’s)
- 2 Dead After Driver Crashes Into Parked Cars in Gresham (Sun-Times)
- Police Officer Injured in Crash at Diversey and Kedzie (WGN)
- A Bike Lanes Was Installed on Foster Between Milwaukee and Elston (Chainlink)
- Loop North News Looks Into the Divvy Theft Issue
- Park Forest Police Give Bike to Teen Who Walked 2 Miles to Work (ABC)
- Local Parking App CEO Says Company Is Getting Ready for Driverless Future (Tribune)
- The CTA Has a Nifty New Line of Beach Towels
- Equity Assessment Meeting for Logan Square Traffic Circle Project on 7/25 (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a new part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.