Today’s Headlines for Friday, June 30
- Waymond Smith: CPD’s Racially Biased Bike Ticketing Influenced My Decision to Leave Chicago (Defender)
- Active Trans Releases “Suburban Bikeways for All” Report on Current State of Biking in the ‘Burbs
- Wired: The O’Hare Express Is a Dumb Idea; Getting Elon Musk Involved Would Make It Dumber
- DNA Testing Leads to Charges in 2015 Englewood Hit-and-Run That Killed 1, Injured 12 (CBS)
- Lawsuit Blames Bars for Man’s DUI Crash Death After Metra Pub Crawl (Tribune)
- A List of State Road Projects That Will Stop If There’s No Budget (DNA)
- 115th Street Metra Station, Damaged by Fire, Will Be Razed Today (DNA)
- North Ave. Pedestrian Bridge Temporarily Closed for Lakefront Trail Separation Work (Tribune)
- July Events on the Lakefront Trail (Active Trans)
- Third Public Meeting on North LSD Rehab on July 12, 4-7 PM at 2250 N. Sheffield
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a week to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago