Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, June 14
- Bike to Work Week Kicks Off Friday With Rally in Daley Plaza From 7-9 AM (Chicagoist)
- Lawsuit Filed Over Crash Death of Keshawn Horton During Police Pursuit (Sun-Times)
- Chicago-Base Basecamp Is Boycotting Uber Over Its Corporate Culture (Crain’s)
- If Dockless Bike-Sharing Comes to Chicago, It Should Go to Areas That Don’t Have Divvy (Active Trans)
- Community Rallies Around Boy With Down Syndrome After His Adaptive Bike Is Stolen (CBS)
- Rapper & Aldermanic Candidate Rhymefest Produced a Cool Safety Video With Blackstone Bikes (DNA)
- Naperville Cops Issue “Ice Cream Citation” to Young Cyclists (Tribune)
- CMAP Forum on “The Future of Economic Opportunity” Wednesday 6/19 at 3:30 PM in Homewood
- North Branch Trail Alliance’s Inaugural Ride This Saturday 6/24 at 11 AM at 5400 Forest Glen Ave.
- Eat Dinner With 606 Neighbor Rick Bayless on the Trail for a Mere $200 a Plate on 9/20 (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago