- Citizens to Abolish Red Light Cameras Endorses Chuy, 5 Aldermanic Candidates (DNA)
- Transportation Is a Factor in Why Minneapolis Is Growing Almost 5X as Fast as Chicago (MPC)
- Hit-and-Run Driver Kills Cyclist Michael Joseph, 59, in Englewood (Tribune)
- 2 Cops, 2 Civilians Injured When Officer Crashes SUV While Responding to a Call (Tribune)
- 4 Officers Injured in Crash While Pursuing a Driver in South Chicago (Sun-Times)
- Waukegan Is Removing a Pedestrian Bridge, Adding a Sidewalk (Tribune)
- Is It a Problem That the Bloomingdale Trail Won’t Have Bathroooms? (DNA)
- Teens Brainstorm Ideas for Improving Their Neighborhoods Via Placemaking (MPC)
- Newcity Checks in With Wrigleyville’s Parking Entrepreneurs
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
OK, Streetsblog Chicago readers, this is it. We’ve got a mere 24 hours until our Wednesday reboot deadline. So far, thanks to generous support from readers like you and sponsors, we’ve raised $47,685. We need to come up with $2,315 more in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust that will allow us to resume publication for a year.
We have a funding lead or two that is likely to materialize today, so I’m confident SBC will be back online tomorrow one way or another. But if you value the site’s unique perspective on local transportation issues and haven’t already donated, you can help ensure a successful relaunch. Please make a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund today.
As always, thanks for your support, and don’t forget to vote!