- Drivers Owe the City a Staggering $1.5 Billion in Unpaid Tickets (DNA)
- NYC & LA Are Tougher About Collecting Tickets Than Chicago Is (DNA)
- Teen Who Fatally Struck Man in Northlake Issued 4 Traffic Citations (Sun-Times)
- City Will Pay $319K to Driver Who Was Injured by Cop, Then Wrongfully Arrested (ABC)
- Police Officer Doors Cyclist, Then Says, “She Didn’t Have the Right of Way” (CBS)
- Driver Blocks Exit of Doughnut Shop, Pepper Sprays Man Who Confronts Him (DNA)
- Kevenides: If Driverless Are to Become Common, Pedestrian Safety Must Be Paramount
- How Did a Car With a Flat Tire Wind Up on the Bike Path Near Navy Pier? (Chicagoist)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Thanks to generous support from readers and advertisers, we are now in the home stretch of our campaign to revive this website. Our war chest now contains $45,630, which means we’ve got less than $4.5K to raise in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust that will allow us to resume publication. However, we now have only eight days to come up with that money before out April 8 reboot deadline, so it’s crunch time. If you value Streetsblog Chicago’s hard-hitting transportation reporting and haven’t already donated to the resurrection fund, please do so today.
Thanks again for your support!