- Garcia Not as Opposed to Red Light Cameras as His Earlier Pledge Indicated (NBC)
- Mayoral Candidate Ald. Fioretti Will Intro Ordinance for Parking Ticket Amnesty (Tribune)
- Driver Injured After Exiting the Roadway and Hitting West Garfield Park Corner Store (Sun-Times)
- Coworkers Mourn Two Men Killed by Drunk Driver While Crossing North Avenue in Hermosa (DNA)
- Campaign for Equitable Distribution of Bike Resources Hits RedEye
- CTA Stations on Green or Blue Line Could Be Rebuilt if Obama Library Calls Chicago Home (RedEye)
- Hertz Says You Should Come to Our Pedway Tour Fundraiser
- Woman in Car Found on Frozen Lincoln Park Lagoon Died; Police Suspect Alcohol Involved (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I will continue to produce Today’s Headlines as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!
– John Greenfield, editor of Streetsblog Chicago