- Rauner’s Selection of Blankenhorn for IDOT Chief “Is a Sign the Illiana Is Toast” (Crain’s)
- Southland Leaders React to the News That Blankenhorn May Lead IDOT (Herald-News)
- Nearly 50 Candidates Have Signed Pledge to Abolish Traffic Cameras (Expired Meter)
- On the Way Out, Quinn Signs Bill That May Allow Surge Pricing by Cabbies (DNA)
- WBEZ Explores the Question: When Is the Worst Time to Be on Chicago Roads?
- Hit-and-Run Driver Kills Senior in Morton Grove (NBC)
- Driver, Passenger Hospitalized After Single-Car Crash in Lemont (Tribune)
- Fire on Tracks Delays Red Line Train Near Roosevelt (Sun-Times)
- The Obama Library Could Be a Shot in the Arm for South or West Side Transit (RedEye)
- First There Was Go Bronzeville & Go Pilsen, Now CDOT Rolls Out Go Albany Park (DNA)
- Milwaukee PBLs Surface as a Campaign Issue in 1st Ward Debate (Logan Squarist)
- Steven Vance Weighs in on Proposals for New Goose Island Bike-Ped Bridges (Curbed)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I will continue to produce Today’s Headlines as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!