Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, February 2
- USDOT: Metra will receive a $513.6 million from the American Rescue Plan fund (Trains.com)
- Blue Line attackers hit sleeping man with a bat, stabbed him, bit him, and robbed him (OakPark.com)
- Winter storm brings cancellations to Amtrak service in Midwest (Trains.com)
- Delays reported on CTA Green, Red, Purple, Brown trains and buses amid winter storm (Wednesday Journal)
- Loyola Phoenix takes a deep dive into the progress of the Red & Purple Modernization project
- Yesterday Metra launched $6 three-zone Day Pass, and $10 All-Day Pass became Ventra App-only (CBS)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago