Today’s Headlines for Thursday, May 27
- CTA is offering discounts on day passes this summer to lure riders back to transit (ABC)
- Lightfoot, Hopkins, Reboyras use one weird procedural trick to stall DuSable Drive vote (Block Club)
- Bill seeks to dissolve south suburban transit district, transfer MED commuter lots to towns (Tribune)
- A 1-year-old girl died following a hit-and-run traffic crash on the Near West Side early Thursday (Tribune)
- Man driving Porsche killed after crashing into 5 vehicles at Addison/Southport in Lakeview (Tribune)
- Tributes to “School of Rock” drummer and fallen Chicago cyclist Kevin Clark (BBC, Rolling Stone, Jack Black)
- Route proposal for Critical Mass this Friday 6 PM in Daley Plaza will honor fallen cyclist Jahn and Clark
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.