Today’s Headlines for Thursday, May 6
- Kam Buckner op-ed against state financing for One Central – read our interview with him here (Crain’s)
- Tribune looks at the snail-like pace of Chicago accessible pedestrian signal installation
- Stevenson Expressway crash near Damen leaves 5 injured, 2 seriously (ABC)
- CPD releases images of suspect from March hit-and-run pedestrian crash in Humboldt Park (Fox)
- WBEZ talks with local officials about why investing in sidewalks is good for the economy
- Des Plaines buys land on Oakton Street for new Metra station (Daily Herald)
- Somebody put buckets of pedestrian safety flags by the Leland/Clark crossing by Chase Park (it wasn’t John)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.