Today’s Headlines for Thursday, May 29
- CPD killing of Anthony Alvarez, 22, spurs more calls for foot chase reform (Block Club)
- Reader: CPD narrative on carjacking epidemic “built on shoddy data and anecdotal evidence”
- Proposal to rename Lake Shore Drive for DuSable slated for a committee vote today (Tribune)
- Single dad killed in Franklin Park crash by DUI suspect allegedly fleeing police at 100 mph (ABC)
- More weekday and weekend Electric Line service will be added next month (HP Herald)
- TOD proposed next to Morgan station with 320 units, 32 affordable, 90 parking spots (Block Club)
- Seminar on We Will Chicago, 1st citywide planning initiative in 50 years, today at noon
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.