Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, February 23
- Station control at center of latest filings over Metra-Amtrak Union Station dispute (Trains)
- 18-year-old pedestrian dead, several injured in car crash on 74th and Racine (CBS)
- Good Samaritan struck while trying to help during deadly I-57 crash (CBS)
- CTA Yellow Line shut down due to incident involving train at Dempster-Skokie (CBS)
- Elmhurst solicits feedback on $25M Metra station redesign (Herald)
- Governing looks at the history of the State Street pedestrian mall
- A warning for Lake Michigan ice walkers: Don’t do it (CBS)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor