Today’s Headlines for Monday, February 22
- Lightfoot defends raising bridges during civil unrest, IG report condemns it (Block Club)
- Sun-Times: It appears the Chicago lakefront east of Lake Shore Drive is finally reopening
- Jeep driver veers off road in Rolling Meadows, killing 4 in stopped car, including boy, 6 (WGN)
- Driver of stolen SUV crashed into back of CTA bus in Chatham (WGN)
- Hit-and-run survivor Alex Betzel is breathing on her own, GoFundMe has raised $50K+ (WGN)
- North Center residents say Cloud Kitchens is causing traffic, parking hassles (Block Club)
- Ex-Block Club reporter Alisa Hauser compares Portland to Chicago, including transportation
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor