Today’s Headlines for Friday, February 5
- Driver fatally struck Tyler R. Malinowski, 27, on road without sidewalks in Romeoville (Sun-Times)
- 4 hospitalized in I-290 crash at Wolf Road (Sun-Times)
- CPD: Shooting outside University Village bar ends with crash on Dan Ryan and 2 shot (Tribune)
- Passengers evacuated after small fire in engine of Metra train in Woodstock (LMCS)
- New grocery store proposed near Irving Park Brown station (Block Club)
- Neighbors want max penalties for property owner who illegally demolished Wicker building (Block Club)
- Musician who left $22K flute on the ‘L’ gets it back, performs at police station and Logan stop (CBS)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.