Today’s Headlines for Friday, February 5
- Driver fatally struck Tyler R. Malinowski, 27, on road without sidewalks in Romeoville (Sun-Times)
- 4 hospitalized in I-290 crash at Wolf Road (Sun-Times)
- CPD: Shooting outside University Village bar ends with crash on Dan Ryan and 2 shot (Tribune)
- Passengers evacuated after small fire in engine of Metra train in Woodstock (LMCS)
- New grocery store proposed near Irving Park Brown station (Block Club)
- Neighbors want max penalties for property owner who illegally demolished Wicker building (Block Club)
- Musician who left $22K flute on the ‘L’ gets it back, performs at police station and Logan stop (CBS)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.