Today’s Headlines for Thursday, February 4
- Obama center, including pedestrianized streets, will break ground this summer (NBC)
- CTA operators union applauds new federal mask mandate (Sun-Times)
- Police chase that started in Chatham led to a carjacking, 2 crashes (ABC)
- 3 people robbed at CTA Blue Line stations in Logan Square (Sun-Times)
- Better Streets proposes Chicago develop a plan for municipal sidewalk snow removal by next winter
- Meet ex-ATA employee Keith Holt, one of nation’s first full-time Black bike advocates (Defender)
- Lake County opens survey on rebuilding 1.5-mile stretch of Arlington Heights Rd. (Tribune)
- Why Chicago is lighting its railroads on fire (Popular Mechanics)
- ATA hosts Suburban Action Week online advocacy seminars February 15-20
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.