Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, January 27
- CPS tells all students to stay home Wednesday as teachers prepare for potential strike (Block Club)
- Plan to block apartment buildings from being deconverted along 606 and in Pilsen advances (Block Club)
- Downtown leaders discuss challenges of reduced foot traffic in Loop during COVID (WTTW)
- Man stabbed in throat with box cutter, robber on Red Line near Berwyn in stable condition (WGN)
- Latest filings with STB show significant differences remain in Amtrak, Metra dispute (Trains.com)
- Police adding 40 officers to carjacking unit in response to ‘chronic’ problem (Block Club)
- Ald. Ray Lopez wants CPS to stop shoveling snow into the street
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago