Today’s Headlines for Monday, January 25
- Video allegedly shows motorist driving recklessly near people protesting CPS reopening plans
- 2 die in crash after fleeing from police in Aurora (Sun-Times)
- Man struck by Pink Line train while walking on tracks, no injuries (Sun-Times)
- Police release images of suspect from robbery on 63rd Street Red Line platform (Sun-Times)
- Metra to add trains to Rock Island schedule on 2/1 (Trains.com)
- Lakefront Trail closed between Oak and Ohio; Here’s SBC’s inland detour route (CBS)
- ATA hosts a Transit Equity talk with Chuy Garcia on 2/4 at noon
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago