Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, January 13
- CPS cuts off pay and access to learning platform for teachers who won’t teach in person (Block Club)
- Ald. Villegas is introducing an ordinance to strip the “Trump” sign from Tower (Block Club)
- Driver strikes woman in Hammond, causing head injury (NWI Times)
- Motorist charged with “intentionally” driving into barricade near Trump Tower (ABC)
- Chicago’s travel order simplified — but city says you still shouldn’t go anywhere (Block Club)
- Developer to raze SFHs near Naperville Metra for new town houses, duplexes (Tribune)
- Empty Metra lots have south and southwest suburbs looking at cost-cutting options (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago