Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, January 12
- ATA’s list of top 10 sustainable transportation stories of 2020
- Second stimulus is big win, but more work to do to save Chicago transit (ATA)
- WTTW checks in with CTA on the Belmont Flyover project
- Driver fatally strikes Williams Tee Ervin, 58, in Gary, claims he didn’t see him (Sun-Times)
- CPD: Woman arrested after “intentionally” striking a barricade near Trump Tower (Sun-Times)
- 35th Ward participatory budgeting election includes bike lane option (Block Club)
- Wheel & Sprocket is opening 3rd Chicagoland bike store this spring in Park Ridge (MJS)
- Chicago commissioning public art with $750K in funding (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago