Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, January 5
- More coverage of the launch of Fair Transit South Cook (Sun-Times, ABC, WGN)
- 6 mph speed cam threshold, city gas tax hike, and new meter rates kick in (Block Club)
- ISP trooper among 3 injured in crash on Eisenhower Expressway (CBS)
- Man, 53, caught in crossfire at 69th Street Red station Monday afternoon (CBS)
- Unlike Metra, CTA didn’t offer free rides on New Year’s eve this year (CBS)
- Teachers work outside in 27-degree weather to protest CPS reopening plan (Block Club)
- A friendly reminder from ATA: Shovel your sidewalk
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago