Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, December 22
- $2.3B Red Line extension made “significant” step toward securing about $1B in fed funds (Sun-Times)
- Driver who ran red in Ukrainian Village, killing Louis Uddin, 33, charged with homicide, DUI (Sun-Times)
- After nearly being struck, Wisniewski discusses Chicago’s worsening traffic safety situation (Tribune)
- 12 car windows on 1 block smashed by vandal in West Ridge — again (Block Club)
- Lightfoot has reissued the voluntary Stay at Home Advisory through 1/10, so remember to keep ignoring it
- Event to light up Douglas Boulevard for the holidays includes Working Bikes cycle giveaway (Block Club)
- Little Village bar tests socially-distanced “Block Party ” pods from winter dining contest (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago