Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, November 17
- UIC’s Kate Lowe discusses what Biden-Harris could mean for Chicago transportation (WTTW)
- Lightfoot proposes removing $16M CTA earmark from ride-hail tax, raising city gas tax (Block Club)
- Blue Line was suspended from Racine to North/Damen yesterday due to medical emergency (CBS)
- Mother and son charged in attack on teens who chalked ‘Biden 2020’ in South Loop park (Block Club)
- Plan to bring an arts building with 45 affordable units to Paseo Boricua got a boost (Block Club)
- Public invited to view Park Ridge sustainability plan, including promoting walk/bike/transit (Tribune)
- Where can you buy a used bike in Chicago? (Urban Matter)
- What happened to Tribune transportation reporter Mary Wisniewski? (The Chainlink)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago