Today’s Headlines for Monday, November 9
- Election celebration temporarily disrupted service at Belmont, Addison Red stops (Block Club)
- Pro-sustainable transportation alderman Matt Martin named one of Crain’s 40 Under 40
- Officer blocking traffic for one Mount Prospect crash is injured in another (CBS)
- Driver crashes into Skokie home, no injuries (CBS)
- Teens attacked after chalking ‘Biden 2020’ in South Loop Park, video shows (Block Club)
- Northwestern students weigh in on changes to CTA bus schedule, Wildcard access (Daily Northwestern)
- Natty Bwoy Bikes & Boards opens in Boxville market, by the 51st Street Green station (HPH)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago