Today’s Headlines for Monday, November 2
- Aldermen oppose lowering speed cam threshold, Reilly calls for 20 mph in CBD (Block Club)
- Ald. Michele Smith implies that street lighting versus VZ is a zero-sum game (Alex Nitkin)
- CTA giving away masks in travel healthy kits Monday morning; Here’s how to get one (CBS)
- 3 injured when SUV driver crashes into CTA bus in West Englewood (CBS)
- Images released of suspects from last week’s robbery at Cermak Red station (NBC)
- Arrests made for paintball attacks around city, including on CTA bus driver (ABC)
- $355M federal grant issued to build 8-mile SSL line extension from Hammond to Dyer (NWI)
- Developer breaks ground on 40 units of affordable housing in Auburn Gresham (Block Club)
- Apartments with affordable, accessible units planned near Irving Brown stop (Block Club)
- New @CACWatchList Twitter account tracks local design, planning and development
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago