Today’s Headlines for Friday, October 30
- Indoor dining and drinking ban kicks in today, service curfew pushed back to 11 PM (ABC)
- Sposato calls people who protested Columbus due to treatment of indigenous people “savages” (Block Club)
- Family mourns Joel Jenkins, 26, shot to death a Morse Red Line station (Tribune)
- Daily Northwestern looks at the new electric Divvy bikes
- Suburban bike collections provide wheels during shutdown (Daily Herald)
- Windy City Times interviews an LA LGBTQ community leader biking across the U.S.
- Tribune checks out new book “The Loop: The ‘L’ Tracks That Shaped and Saved Chicago”
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago