Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, October 6
- Lake St. CTA bridge, Blue Line subway upgrades stalled amidst calls for more DBE participation (Sun-Times)
- Huntley may get a Metra stop, rather than Amtrak service, with new passenger rail project (NW Herald)
- Consultants push tollway interchange “upgrades” for Hoffman Estates (Daily Herald)
- This week marked CTA bus-driving bluesman Toronzo Cannon’s last run (WTTW)
- Equiticity leads environment-themed ride for Black & Brown solidarity 10/17, meeting 9 AM in Douglass Park
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago