Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 1
- Family of Richard Garza, 58, killed in Whiting hit-and-run crash pleads for answers (NWI Times)
- Lindsey Lagestee, 25, killed by driver last year, honored with cutout at White Sox game (NWI Times)
- Man injured after another driver pushes his Jeep off a bridge and he falls 30 feet into creek (NBC)
- Final phase of $30M Ravenswood Metra overhaul, bridge replacement starts this month (Block Club)
- Cappleman announces Leland Slow Street is being extended east into 46th Ward
- Water main breaks on Cortland/Wabansia Slow Street route causing bus reroute (ABC)
- Mating season means more deer in the headlights, officials warn (Sun-Times)
- South Side Critical Mass happens Friday 10/2 at 5:45 in Nichols Park, 1300 E. 55th
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago