Today’s Headlines for Friday, September 18
- Metra director Romayne C. Brown will become the first Black woman to lead the board (Herald)
- Person killed after running into traffic on I-290 after police stop for alleged carjacking (CBS)
- Yellow Line trains were stopped last night after a “medical emergency” in Skokie (Sun-Times)
- Multiple female pedestrians report being groped by man on bike in Wicker Park (Block Club)
- Police say they’ve arrested a CTA sexagenarian pickpocketing crew (Sun-Times)
- 8 sculpture parks and walks near Chicago (Chicago Parent)
- Roll N Peace Ride takes place in Englewood tonight, rolling out at 8 PM (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago