Today’s Headlines for Monday, August 10
- Widespread disruption to CTA system last night due to downtown looting and vandalism (Tribune)
- City raises bridges and suspended public transit to disrupt looting (NY Times)
- Numerous Michigan Avenue stores and establishments hit overnight (Tribune)
- More coverage on last night’s actions along Michigan Avenue and downtown (Sun-Times)
- Mayor Lightfoot responds to last night’s looting (WGN)
- Adding affordable housing, TODs critical in this moment of economic uncertainty (Center for American Progress)
- COVID putting the brakes on new bike sales around suburbs (Daily Herald)
- CPD requests residents to register their bicycles (WBBM)
- State offering $5,000 grants for tenants struggling with pandemic (Sun-Times)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
From Tuesday, August 4, through Wednesday, August 12, Streetsblog Chicago assistant editor Courtney Cobbs will be running the site. If you need immediate assistance with an SBC-related issue, please email Courtney at courtney[at]streetsblog.org.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.