Today’s Headlines for Friday, May 22
- While IL restaurants can offer outdoor dining 5/29, Chicago won’t participate (Tribune)
- Uptown alderman: Area must become more ped-friendly in response to C-19 (Block Club)
- Driver killed Carlos Maciel-Paulido, 31, in Wheeling, ran into house, and fled (Sun-Times)
- Motorist died after running red, crashing through guardrail into Kankakee River (CBS)
- Bus driver is sixth CTA employee to die from the coronavirus (Sun-Times)
- Zotti: Ventra cards could be used for contact tracing (Sun-Times)
- Hinsdale school parking garage is costing $9.6M, more that twice what was projected (Tribune)
- More walk/bike etiquette tips during the pandemic (Sun-Times)
- Virtual town hall on CTA Lawrence to Bryn Mawr modernization project on 6/4, 6 PM
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will resume publication on Tuesday. Have a great Memorial Day!
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.