Today’s Headlines for Monday, March 23
- Ex-CDOT chief and bike/walk advocate John LaPlante, 80, died from COVID-19 (Sun-Times, CBS)
- Transit workers union wants the CTA to shut down during pandemic (NBC)
- CTA bus driver working out of Forest Glen garage tests positive for coronavirus (NBC)
- Crain’s looks for the need for a transit bailout and worries that ridership may never recover
- 4 people hurt, including 2 officers, in police van / SUV rollover crash in Calumet Heights (NBC)
- Freight train derails in Elgin, Metra trains delayed (ABC)
- The backstory behind the successful push to keep bike shops open during the pandemic (ATA)
- Rocker Jon Bon Jovi gives an Instagram shout-out to Chicago window singalong (Block Club)
- Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.