Today’s Headlines for Thursday, December 19
- Chicago Latino population is growing, but is being priced out of transit- and bike-friendly areas (Sun-Times)
- U. of C. med school grad Dr. Daniel Cammerman fatally struck on bike in NYC by bus driver (SBNYC)
- Officers, child hurt when CPD car crashes in West Town (Sun-Times)
- Family of officer killed while chasing suspect across Metra tracks files wrongful death lawsuit (ABC)
- CTA secrets, ex-Olympic bike hopeful turned bank robber, were among top 2019 Chicago Mag stories
- Pritzker rides the CTA Holiday Train from 95th to the Loop (ABC)
- Meet Will Knight of Winnetka, a 13-year-old bike-powered Christmas tree transporter (Tribune)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our January 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the holiday season.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago