Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, December 18
- Schwieterman, Midwest High Speed Rail give Cleveland-Chicago Hyperloop scheme side-eye (Tribune)
- Homeless people displaced by Uptown viaduct bike lanes have returned — city wants them out again (Block Club)
- Young couple coming home from wife’s birthday party killed in after elderly driver veers into lane (NBC)
- Driver arrested after striking 2 pedestrians on Lower Wacker Drive (Tribune)
- Does the Wells Street Green wave signal timing actually work anymore? (The Chainlink)
- What it’s like riding the CTA’s Holiday Train (ABC)
- Holiday arches erected over the sidewalks of the 4100 block of North Sacramento (Block Club)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our January 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the holiday season.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago