Today’s Headlines for Monday, September 9
- Bus driver who racked up 12+ tickets fired, sued after injuring cyclist in River North (WTTW)
- Videos show attempted traffic stop that led to fatal Englewood vehicle crash (Sun-Times)
- CNT’s Jacky Grimshaw praises the CTA’s equity efforts in a letter to the Sun-Times
- After moms shame CTA by making their own pregnancy buttons, CTA finally releases theirs (Tribune)
- The Tribune looks at the Dickens Avenue neighborhood greenway controversy
- Curbed recommends low-stress paces to ride a bike in Chicago
- City closes Taurus flavors, home of the “Sweet Steak” after driver struck it (Sun-Times)
- Roll N Peace bike ride this Friday 9/13, 6 PM at the Ashland/63rd Green Line station
- “Motherload” doc on family cycling, including cameos by Chicagoans, screens 9/27 at Constellation
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago