Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, September 3
- Lightfoot floats congestion pricing as a strategy to address city’s budget deficit (Curbed)
- Driver who killed Myrna Logan, 81, and reportedly tried to flee released without charges (CBS)
- Hit-and-run driver who struck Lee Davis, 59, in East Garfield charged with homicide (Sun-Times)
- Driver struck cyclist Richard Williams, 56, in East Garfield and fled the scene (CBS)
- Minivan driver who ran red killed car occupant Kenneth Smith, 28, injured 3, fled (ABC)
- Navy Pier Flyover closing for a month as second phase nears completion (Sun-Times)
- Father and daughter ride tandem from Evanston to Toronto for start of college (Tribune)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago