Today’s Headlines for Thursday, August 8
- Lightfoot names Maurice Cox as the new planning department commissioner (Crain’s)
- Ambulance driver critically injures man, 86, crossing the street in Des Plaines (CBS)
- Driver charged with DUI for fatal August 3 Crash on the Bishop Ford (Sun-Times)
- Possible bomb threat shut down CTA trains at Roosevelt last night for 45 minutes (NBC)
- BRT opponent Romanelli: Truckers are destroying the new Fulton streetscape (Block Club)
- A honey of an interview: WTTW checks in with biking beekeeper Jana Kinsman
- John discusses bike initiatives at the Chicago Cycling Club meeting on 8/14 at 6:30 PM at Earth Rider
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago