Today’s Headlines for Thursday, August 9
- Right-Turning Trucker Fatally Struck Female Cyclist at Madison/Halsted This Morning
- Driver Injured Kristen Green From Ghost Bikes Chicago (GoFundMe) (TW: Injury Photo)
- Survey of About 500 Residents: Transportation Is a Top Lincoln Yards Concern (Block Club)
- How the CTA’s New Electric Buses Could Help Balance the Power Grid (ENN)
- The Best Places to Take a Train-Obsessed Kid (Chicago Parent)
- South Side Critical Mass Is Riding to to MLK Memorial, Rainbow Cone Friday
- ON TO 2050 Regional Plan Launch Event 10/10 in Millennium Park
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
First of all, a huge thanks to all the advertisers, sponsors, and readers who have helped out with the effort to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Unfortunately, due to a major sponsorship that didn’t materialize in time, we didn’t hit $50K by the midnight 8/1 deadline. Fortunately, The Trust has graciously extended the deadline to 9/1. We’re currently at $48,160, so we’ve got $1,840 left to raise.
So if you appreciate Streetsblog Chicago’s daily transportation coverage and haven’t already chipped in, there’s still time to do so. You can make a donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks again to everyone who has stepped up during the fund drive so far — we really appreciate your support.