Today’s Headlines for Thursday, July 19
- Sign an Active Trans Letter in Support of Bus Lanes Without Road Widening on LSD
- CTA Plans for Accessible Stations, Although Funds Aren’t Available (Tribune)
- Metra Struggles With Overcrowding, Broken Air Conditioning on BNSF (Tribune)
- DUI Charges in Crash That Killed Walter Bajorek, 65, in Round Lake Park (Tribune)
- Police Officers Injured in Crash While Responding to Call Near United Center (ABC)
- NBC Chicago: Obstructed Bike Lanes Are an Increasing Problem for Cyclists
- Developer Breaks Ground on $18M Logistics Center in Little Village (Block Club)
- Sterling Bay Unveils $5B Plan for Lincoln Yards With up to 5,000 Units (Crain’s)
- After Quitting Chicago DoBi Pilot, Ofo Is Scaling Back N. American Operations (Quartz)
- Fast Facts About the History & Present Status of the CTA (KPAX)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a new part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.