Today’s Headlines for Friday, June 23
- Rauner Rejects Deal Offered by Emanuel to Allow Sale of Thompson Center (Crain’s)
- Cyclist Michael Schoop, 62, Dies After Collision With Van in Hoffman Estates (Sun-Times)
- 3 Injured, Including Paramedics, After Van Driver Strikes Ambulance, Car, Pole (CBS)
- Residents Brainstorm Ideas for Revitalizing Area Around Jeff Park Transit Center (Nadig)
- In the Wake of Fire, Metra Will Demolish 115th Street Station (DNA)
- Plan for 138-Unit TOD at Controversial Logan Site Is Moving Forward (Curbed)
- 4-Station Bike Rental System Will Help S. Shore Riders Explore Miller Beach Area (NWI Times)
- Chicago’s Crossing Guards Are a Civic Treasure (Reader)
- In Praise of the Top Level of Metra Rail Cars (Reader)
- Single Seats on the ‘L’ Are “The CTA’s Most Precious Gem” (Reader)
- Travel on Amtrak Trains From Chicago Offers a “Zen-Like Downshifting” Experience (Reader)
- Tollway Plazas Represent the Apotheosis of Car Culture (Reader)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago