Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, June 7
- MPC: We Need Strategies That Address Both Desegregation and Increased Opportunities
- New Edgewater Metra Stop Ready To Go — But Snagged In State Budget Impasse (DNA)
- South Shore Line Derailment Results in Minor Injuries, Delays at Millennium Station (NBC)
- Protest Planned for Tonight’s Open House on Development Near Pilsen BNSF Station (DNA)
- TOD at 2835 W. Belden Loses Height, Parking, Will Include 15% Affordable Units (Curbed)
- Osterman Says TOD Is Important for Edgewater’s Future, But So Is Affordability (DNA)
- Wrigleyville Residents Fighting to Keep Their Privilege of Free Parking Under ‘L’ Tracks (ABC)
- Pranksters Have Been Turning Kempf Plaza’s Fountain Into a Sudsy Mess (DNA)
- Chicago’s World Naked Bike Ride Takes Place This Saturday (Chicagoist)
- The Promontory Hosts a Spring Tune-Up Day on 6/17 With Free Tune-Ups by Blackstone Bikes
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago