Today’s Headlines for Friday, May 20
- Moreno Proposes City’s 1st Affordable, LGBT-Friendly TOD for Logan Square (Curbed)
- Meanwhile Somos Logan Square Targets Moreno in a Protest Over Affordability
- Active Trans Director Ron Burke Reflects on the Meaning of the Ride of Silence
- Council OKs Emanuel’s Plan to Use Density Fees to Fund Neighborhood Projects (Curbed)
- 100 Lucas Museum Supporters Protest Outside Friends of the Parks Office (Tribune)
- New Service Offers Car Rentals for as Little as $8 an Hour (DNA)
- CTA Train Evacuated After Truck Got Caught in Wiring Under Tracks (Sun-Times)
- Chicago Ranked 6th Best U.S.Bike City — Kudos for Getting # of PBLs Right (Active)
- 2 Local Guys Are Biking to LA to Raise Money for World Bicycle Relief (RedEye)
- An ‘L’ of a Cocktail Menu: Check Out These Drinks Inspired by the CTA (Chicagoist)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
12 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of John’s book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, we’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.