Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, May 17
- LSNA Will Hold Meeting & March on The 606 Today to Protest Displacement (DNA)
- Once Again, Jeff Park Urbanists & Suburbanists Square Off Over Dense Housing (DNA)
- Concerns About Parking, Traffic Also an Issue With Portage Park Development (DNA)
- Yet Another River North Parking Lot Will Be Replaced With a High-Rise (Curbed)
- Portage Park Grocery Store Will Be Replace By Starbucks With Drive-Thru (DNA)
- The Herald Looks at Recent Pedestrian Fatalities in the Suburbs
- Insurance Industry Group: IL Needs to Do More to Prevent Car Crashes (Tribune)
- Key Backer of the Route 53 Extension Pulls His Support (Herald)
- A Lyft Driver Shares Her Experiences, Good & Bad (RedEye)
- What’s It Like Living in the 1611 W. Division TOD? (Curbed)
- Sinead O’Connor Found Safe After Disappearing While Biking in Wilmette (Tribune)
- Join MPC’s 43 Minute for $43 Billion Lobbying Push Takes Place Tomorrow at 11 a.m.
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
15 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.