Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, May 10
- Sun-Times: Don’t Vote for “Lockbox” to Prevent Raiding of Transportation Funds
- Architects Voice Support for the Lucas Museum Proposal (Sun-Times)
- 8 Injured After Car Driver Strikes CTA Bus in Chatham (Tribune)
- 45th Ward PB Election Doesn’t Fund Austin Ave. Bike Lanes (DNA)
- Laura Washington: Ride-Share Solves My “Hailing While Black” Problem (Sun-Times)
- RFMA Wants 2-Hour Parking, Traffic Calming, Stoplight on Hubbard, Grand (Gazette)
- River North Parking Lot Could Become a Shopping Mall, Maybe More (Curbed)
- Neighbors Worry 1:1 Parking Ratio Won’t Be Enough for Canaryville Development (Gazette)
- Cubs Letter Criticizes Tunney for Blocking Extended Hours for Outdoor Plaza (DNA)
- Steven Wrote the Intro to Chicago Magazine‘s Bike Week Coverage
- A Guide to Some of the City’s Biking Hotspots (Chicago Mag)
- Hyde Park Venue The Promontory Hosts a Bike Tune-Up Session This Sunday 12-6 pm
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
22 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, the Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Contribute $1,000 or more and I’ll come to your home or block party and perform a half-hour musical tribute to the pop, rock, or R & B artist of your choice on guitar — only $750 if that artist is Prince or Bowie.
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.