Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, April 27
- Legislators Are Nervous About Using P3 Funding to Widen Stevenson (Crain’s)
- Skosey: New U.S. DOT Performance Measures Would Privilege Cars Over Other Modes (MPC)
- Proposed Constitutional Amendment Would Protect IL Transit Funding (MPC)
- U.S. Rep Asks Rauner to Release Funds for Quad Cities Amtrak Service (Tribune)
- Widow of Man Killed by Trucker on I-294 Awarded $22.7M (ABC)
- Man Who Head-Butted Metra Conductor Gets 60 Days of Jail Time (Tribune)
- Hairston Nixes Plans for a Segway Kiosk in Harold Washington Playlot Park (DNA)
- Jeff Park’s Sportif Importer Bike Shop Is for Sale (Nadig)
- After Lost Hockey Bet, Metra’s Twitter Banner Shows St. Louis Metro Train (STPD)
- BWLP Leads Bike Ride to Envision a Better Cortland/Chicago River Corridor on 4/30
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, the Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
Thanks to the generosity of readers like you, we’ve made good progress since we announced the challenge grant. We expect a significant chunk of revenue to come in during the next few weeks in the form of ad renewals and corporate sponsorships.
However, we still have a lot of work to do in order to win the grant from the Trust, so it’s time to shift our fundraising effort into high gear. If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.