- Editorial: Too Bad IDOT Can’t Find Report That Would Convince Rauner to Kill the Illiana (Tribune)
- Emanuel Implies Ashland BRT Won’t Move Forward Until Loop Link Succeeds (Sun-Times)
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured After Driver Strikes Pole in Altgeld Gardens (Sun-Times)
- Hit-and-Run Driver Critically Injures Man on 4000 Block of West Division (Tribune)
- SUV Driver Critically Injures Cyclist on 2600 Block of West North, Flees (DNA)
- Marine Vet Escapes After Leg Is Caught Between Red Line Platform & Train (DNA)
- Work to Eliminate Brown Line Slow Zones Started Last Weekend (Sun-Times)
- Wilson Stop Construction Will Cause Street Closures, Noise (DNA)
- Things Are Getting Real: CDOT Erects Columns for Navy Pier Flyover (DNA)
- LSNA, Logan Square Preservation Request Another Public Meeting on Logan Towers (DNA)
- CTA Riders’ Gripes: Budget Cuts, Faulty Fare Boxes, Bad Grammar (Tribune)
- Vote in the Divvy Data Challenge (Active Trans)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
It’s down to the wire here at Streetsblog Chicago. So far, thanks to generous support from readers like you and sponsors, we’ve raised $47,425, which means we’ve got a mere $2,575 to raise in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust that will allow us to resume publication. However, we now have only two days to come up with that money before out April 8 reboot deadline.
We’ve got a funding lead or two that is likely to materialize by then, so I’m confident that it’s not a question of whether we will raise that money, but how. But you can help guarantee that we meet our goal in time. If you value having a daily source for sustainable transportation and safe streets news, and haven’t already donated to the resurrection fund, please do so today.
Thanks so much for your support!