- New Active Trans Survey in Support of Loop BRT Project
- Argonne Wins $2.9 Million to Study How Transit Could Be Used to Evacuate City (Sun-Times)
- Truck Driver Fatally Strikes Teen in Front of New Lennox School (Tribune)
- 40-Car Pileup on Kennedy Between Ohio & North During Snowstorm, 12 Hospitalized (Tribune)
- Metra Approves $91 Million Contract to Rehab 41 Locomotives (Sun-Times)
- Kamin Digs McCormick ‘L’ Stop Design, Says Street Remixes Still Needed (Tribune)
- Two Chicago Millennials Discuss Why They Still Drive (RedEye)
- Sorry Fido, Metra Is Postponing Its Pets-on-Trains Pilot (Tribune)
- Will County Is Launching Its First-Ever Bike Plan (Tribune)
- 27th Ward Challenger Lambast New Fulton Market Gateway Sign, Burnett as “Idiotic” (DNA)
- Active Trans’ Lakefront Trail Tweets Keep Path Users Informed About Conditions (DNA)
- And the Car-Alarm Complaint Prize Goes to… Lakeview! (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I am continuing to produce Today’s Headlines on a volunteer basis as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!