- CTA Plans to Overhaul 257 Cars on the Orange & Brown Lines (Tribune)
- Claypool Argues That the Belmont Flyover Is “Absolutely Necessary” (Sun-Times)
- 8 Injured After Driver Turns in Front of Bus at Madison/Western (CBS)
- 2 Men Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison Following Fatal Crash During Police Chase (Sun-Times)
- City Temporarily Shuts Down Speed Cam After It Issues Tickets to Parked Cars (DNA)
- Rauner Cuts All Funding to Bikes ‘n’ Roses; Manager Vows to Fight to Save Program (DNA)
- Steel Yourself: Popular Cortland Bike Route Will Be Closed for Finkl Demolition (DNA)
- Candidate Accused of Racist & Homophobic Tweets Also Joked About Dangerous Driving (DNA)
- Study: CTA Policy of Not Responding to Twitter Trolls Only Breeds More of Them (RedEye)
- Streets & San: Get Your “Dibs” Junk Out of the Street by Friday or We Will (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I am continuing to produce Today’s Headlines on a volunteer basis as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!