- 19 Inches of Snow Causes Delays on Roads and Rails (Tribune)
- A Roundup of 2015 Transportation Projects (Tribune)
- Hockey Goaltender From Crystal Lake Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver Near ISU Campus (Tribune)
- Driver Dies After Striking Pole in Morgan Park (DNA)
- The Master Plan for 55th Street Should Focus on Land Use as Well as Streetscape (Transport Notes)
- DNA Looks at Security Issues on the Bloomingdale Trail
- Neighborhood Association Opposes Closing A Block to Cars In Order to Build Soccer Field (DNA)
- Active Trans Asks Reboyras to Reconsider Proposal to Let Seniors Bike on Sidewalks (RedEye)
- Does Chicago’s Selfish “Dibs” Ritual Have Pittsburgh Origins? (DNA)
- Logan Square Couple Navigated the Storm on Skis to Help Out Neighbors (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I am continuing to produce Today’s Headlines on a volunteer basis as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!